Samsung Pay FAQs
What is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay provides owners of Samsung devices the ability to use their Samsung phone or smartwatch to make in-store payments using an eligible Level One Bank debit card. Our personal and business debit cards are all compatible.
How to get the app
- Phone - search for the app on your phone. Samsung Pay is preloaded on many Samsung devices. If you don’t see it on your phone, you can download it from the Google Play Store.
- Gear Smartwatch - install the Samsung Gear app on your smartphone.
Samsung Pay is available on the latest Samsung devices including Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 active, Galaxy S6, Gear S2 (Beta with NFC only), and Gear S3.
How to add your Level One Bank debit card
To add your Level One Bank Visa debit card to Samsung Pay, follow the instructions below for various devices.
- Phone - open the app and sign-in to your Samsung account. Touch ‘Add’ in the Samsung Pay app.
- Gear Smartwatch - install the Samsung Gear app on your phone. Once installed, open the app on your phone and tap Samsung Pay. Then touch ‘Add’.
You will take a photo of your card, enter the security code on the back of the card in order to capture the information, and then accept the Terms of Service. Next, provide any additional information as requested to verify and activate your card – for example, for security purposes, you may be required to call and verify your card number along with a recent transaction made.
Samsung Pay requires that Gear users activate a security PIN to use the service. If you do not already have a PIN, you will be asked to create one.
How to make a payment
- Phone - open Samsung Pay, select your Level One Bank card and authorize payment by entering your PIN or using your fingerprint. Hold your phone over the payment terminal.
- Gear Smartwatch – launch Samsung Pay with a long press of the Back Key. Then rotate the bezel to select your Level One Bank card and press ‘Tap to Pay’. Hold your watch over the payment terminal.
Where can I use it?
Samsung Pay can be used at a variety of merchants, in stores and online. Look for either of these symbols at check-out:
For a list of places where Samsung is accepted, click here: http://www.samsung.com/us/samsung-pay/
Is it a secure way to pay?
Your security is a top priority for Level One Bank. Visa and Samsung Pay help protect every transaction against fraud. When you make a payment using Samsung Pay and your Level One Bank card, Visa replaces your card details with a unique virtual account number. That way, your sensitive information stays private. Your account number is never shared with the merchant and is not even stored on your mobile device.
Level One Bank is not affiliated with Samsung. Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.