A Recap from Your Michigan Bank
When the calendar rolled to 2020, there was so much hope and excitement for the new year. But less than 8 weeks into 2020, the year pivoted to one filled with uncertainty and COVID-19. Fortunately, Michigan banks, built with generous hearts and strong spirits, stepped up with support to help others through the challenges of 2020.
Level One Bank is more than a Michigan Bank. We are a community bank built on relationships and driven by the entrepreneurial spirit of our team. We’re an integral part of the communities we serve in Detroit, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids and beyond. Working together, we marshaled resources for our clients and our neighbors in countless ways. The fortitude of our team shined brightly as we worked to find creative ways to make a positive impact. Here are some examples…
Responding to COVID-19
- Through the SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), a loan program that originated from the CARES Act to provide small businesses with cash-flow assistance during the pandemic, Level One Bank was able to help over 2,000 local businesses pay their staff and stay afloat. We not only helped our existing business clients, but we were also proud to help non-clients who were unable to get support from their own bank. Check out these video testimonials from a few of our PPP clients.
- The Henry Ford Health System was one of many in Michigan that was hit hard during the early stages of the pandemic and throughout the year. Level One Bank quickly contributed $25,000 to their COVID-19 Emergency Needs Fund to help with various equipment, supply and support needs for patients and staff.
- We partnered with local restaurants and catering companies to send hundreds of meals to frontline healthcare workers at several local hospitals throughout Southeast and West Michigan.
- As unemployment spread throughout the community, we eased financial pressures for clients and neighbors through various relief programs, loan payment deferral options and service fee waivers.
Supporting Local Businesses
As a community bank, we recognize the importance of entrepreneurs and small businesses in our local communities. One of the ways in which we supported local businesses was by hosting Food Truck Fridays throughout the Summer at our Grand Rapids branch. Each week, we featured different Grand Rapids-based food trucks in our parking lot where neighbors could purchase a tasty lunch or sweet treat.
Creating Community Connections
We are passionate about serving our communities. Whether through financial education, mentorship, volunteering or financial contributions, our team continues to find ways to connect and make an impact.
Children are our future, and helping them thrive, even during adversity, is essential for retaining stability in our communities. Here are just a few of the charitable organizations the Level One Bank team collaborated with to support local children:
We know that having a safe, healthy and affordable home reduces family stress and strengthens our local neighborhoods. That's why Level One Bank offered financial contributions to the below organizations:
- Habitat for Humanity, which builds and restores housing.
- Home Repair Services of Kent County, a non-profit organization that strengthens vulnerable homeowners in the Grand Rapids area.
- Ann Arbor's Avalon Housing, a non-profit dedicated to ending homelessness by helping citizens find and retain affordable housing.
- My Place, which provides rental living space for youth who are aging out of foster care in Jackson.
Level One Bank is proud to support hundreds of non-profits in the communities where we serve, from Detroit to Ann Arbor to Grand Rapids and beyond. To learn more about our community involvement initiatives or request support for your charitable organization, visit the community page on our website.
Growing as Your Michigan Bank
As you can see, 2020 was an important year of support – supporting our communities, local businesses and families through challenging times. But it was also a year of growth, as we expanded our presence in three communities:
- We opened a new branch in Rochester Hills.
- We acquired Ann Arbor State Bank, gaining three new branches – two in Ann Arbor and one in Jackson.
We remain committed to developing and retaining a strong team of talented bankers who continue to meet the needs of our communities through a culture focused on delivering a better way to bank.
Although our efforts earned recognition in 2020, our greatest reward is helping you achieve your dreams. We value the trust you place in us and are honored to be part of the local Michigan community. Contact our team to talk about how we can support your goals and aspirations in the coming year. We wish you health and happiness as we close out the year and look forward to serving you in 2021!