Options for First-time Homebuyers
If you are currently renting your apartment or house, now is a great time to consider buying. You could save in the short-term and long-term as rates are still at historical lows. Use our Rent vs. Buy Calculator to compare the costs and see if buying makes good financial sense.
Should I buy or keep renting?
Our free calculator can help determine if you should buy or continue renting. Compare the costs of buying and renting to see which makes the most sense for you.
Rent vs. Buy Calculator
Benefits of buying
Depending on your rent payment, you could save money in the short-term or long-term. But money isn’t the only consideration when buying a home. Here are just a few benefits of buying.
- Building equity over time – every dollar you pay goes towards YOUR mortgage, not your landlord’s
- Gaining potential tax benefits – there are several tax deductions and credits available exclusively to homeowners
- Enjoying more creative freedom – paint the walls whatever color you want!
- Adopting a pet – when you own your home, there are no restrictions or fees for your furry friends
- Exploring rental income – you could turn your home into an investment property and use the extra income to offset your mortgage costs
- Entertaining friends and family – you’ll generally have more space and more privacy to entertain as you please
Our most popular programs for first-time homebuyers
First-time homebuyers have many mortgage options to choose from. Working with a mortgage banker can help you determine the best choice. Here is a list of our most popular programs for first-time homebuyers.
- FHA Loan - a government-insured loan with lower down-payment options
- Physician Loan - a specialized loan for doctors, dentists, veterinarians and residents
- Welcome Home Loan - a loan for low-to-moderate income individuals
- 30-Year Fixed Loan - a 30 year mortgage with an interest rate that won't change
Apply Now Get Prequalified
Get a free, no-obligation analysis
If you are interested in exploring your options or simply learning more about the home-buying process, please call, text or email me at any time. There is absolutely no obligation to buy or apply, just the opportunity to find out more.
David Niehaus, NMLS #189490
Programs are available to qualified borrowers. All loans are subject to credit approval. Some additional restrictions may apply.