Apple Pay FAQs
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay provides owners of Apple devices the ability to use their Apple phone, watch, tablet or Mac to make in-store or in-app payments using a Level One Bank Visa debit card. Our personal and business debit cards are all compatible.
How to get the app
Locate the ‘Wallet’ app on your device, it should already be preloaded. If you don’t see the app, you can download it from the App Store.
Apple Pay works with many Apple devices including iPhone 6® and later, Apple Watch®, iPad Air™ 2, iPad Pro™, iPad Mini™ 3 and newer. For a complete list of compatible Apple Pay devices, visit www.apple.com/apple-pay.
How to add your Level One Bank debit card
To add your Level One Bank Visa debit card to Apple Pay, follow the instructions below for various devices.
- On iPhone®, open the ‘Wallet’ app and tap the + sign. From there, follow the on screen instructions.
- On Apple Watch™, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select “Wallet & Apple Pay”, then tap “Add Credit or Debit Card.” From there, follow the onscreen instructions.
- On iPad®, go into Settings, open “Wallet & Apple Pay”, and select “Add Credit or Debit Card”. From there, follow the onscreen instructions.
You will take a photo of your card and enter the security code on the back of the card in order to capture the information. After you accept Apple Pay Terms of Service, you’re all set!
If you’ve already added other cards to Apple Pay, you can set your Level One Bank card as your default by touching the card and dragging it to the front position.
How to make a payment
- iPhone® - hold your phone over the payment terminal and place your finger on Touch ID.
- Apple Watch™ - hold your watch over the payment terminal and double-click the side button on your watch.
Online and in-app purchases:
- When shopping online or within an app, choose Apple Pay at time of checkout and place your finger on Touch ID. No need to enter your card information.
Where can I use it?
Apple Pay can be used at a variety of merchants, in stores and online. Look for either of these symbols at check-out:
For a list of places where Apple Pay is accepted, click here: www.apple.com/apple-pay/where-to-use/
Is it a secure way to pay?
Your security is a top priority for Level One Bank. Visa and Apple Pay help protect every transaction against fraud. When you make a payment using Apple Pay and your Level One Bank card, Visa replaces your card details with a unique virtual account number. That way, your sensitive information stays private. Your account number is never shared with the merchant and is not even stored on your mobile device.
Level One Bank is not affiliated with Apple. Apple Pay is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.